Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a fiancé in Ghana and we found out today that she is

Customer Question

I have a fiancé in Ghana and we found out today that she is required to have $3000.00 in her bank account before the Canadian Embassy in Ghana will issue a Visa. She paid for the Visa this morning. I will provide her the Air Fare and I sent a letter of invitation indicating I will look after her food, accomodation and provide her with funds for any other expenditures. Is there any way possible to waive the $3000.00? I have a very meager pension and it would take me over a year to save up that amount of money.
Thank you for any help
Harry Oancia (I am desperate)
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

How much did she pay for the visa and when was she told about the $3000?

I have to ask you a few other questions. Did you meet this person online? Have you ever met her in person?

Are you being asked to pay for her flight or did you offer?

Have you been asked for other money?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been on line with her for 2 years. No I have not been asked for more money. She was in the Canadian Embassy office this morning. I was emailing a person in the Embassy by the name of Mr. Ohene. I offered to pay for her flight. I am sure she is genuine and this not a scam. She payed $150.00 for the Visa. She was told by the Embassy this morning about the $3000.00
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
By the way this was all on my original submission. This is beginning to feel like a scam.

The $3000 is not true though and I am quite sure this is a scam as I answer questions almost identical to this regularly on the site.

There is no way you wee emailing a person for the Embassy. That is not in the least how this works.

You were emailed from the scammer and I can assure you that if you say you don't have the $3000 there will no longer be a fiance.

As well, there is virtually no likelihood that even if this was bona fide that she would be allowed to visit a fiancee let alone one she met online.

She has to show substantial ties to back home such as job and a home and family or they won't let her come and they rarely let anyone come for a visit from Ghana.

I suggest you refuse to pay the money and see what happens.