Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

, yes
, I have a criminal record years, starting

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have a criminal record for 10 years , starting date was August 21, 2014. Also, I have to pay a restitution. If I don't pay off the restitution, the criminal record would be expunged within 10 years? I have no problem in waiting and paying the charges
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Are you asking about getting a record suspension if you haven't paid your restitution?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also I need to know that the 10 years term starts from the date of conviction NOT from the date of restitution paid in full

The clock starts counting as of the date of the conviction but you cannot get a record suspension if you have not made restitution.