Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I drove my common law wife's vehicle to a grocery store on

Customer Question

I drove my common law wife's vehicle to a grocery store on the way I hit an electric moped this happened over a year ago the man I hit suffered a broken collar bone and is now suing her for personal damage pain and suffering . The insurance company sent a letter saying that because she did not list me as a driver that they were canceling the insurance policy. The vehicle was leased .i was charged and paid 110 dollar fine .the man I believe is over 50 and had A pre-existing condition of a bad back. The man I hit does drywall. He contacted diamond and diamond a l lawyer firm from Toronto and are now suing my insurance company which my common-law wife was insured by .from what I understand the man was off work for about a month after that he is been complaining about soreness and pain what will happen I am scared for my wife
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is the insurance company not agreeing to cover her anymore or are they saying that she's not covered for this accident?

Are you not being sued personally as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is being covered for $200,000 they are saying that they could I repeat that they could go after her for the amount that they pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call or I can call you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we talk on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is going to happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is important to talk on phone please I have letters from both the insurance company that we would get with that we were dealing with and also the people that are suing us
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot speak to you on the phone.

I know that the site offers this service but the site is in the US. The rules of the law society our law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone because you are not my client so if you want to speak to a lawyer then you will have to go to your own lawyer and speak to your own lawyer face-to-face. I can only provide you with general legal information by posting on the site. So I cannot and will not be providing advice to you. Any discussions we have on the site certainly do not take the place of your getting legal advice from your own lawyer.

Let me know if you wish to continue.