Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

Ive been trying to collect monies owed to me by a small

Customer Question

ive been trying to collect monies owed to me by a small public oil company based in calgary ab for over 9 months now/ ive collected about half of it but since then they wont return my calls or respond to emails what coarse of action should i take
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 11 months ago.

The first step you may wish to take would be to send the company a demand letter. A demand letter is a letter generally written by a lawyer (since that makes it more 'intimidating' than you personally contacting them) demanding that they pay you the amount owing, failing which you will commence legal action against them.

If this demand letter does not work, or you wish to forego it entirely, then your other recourse would be to sue the company in court. If the amount is less than $25,000, you can sue them in small claims court which is a very streamlined and simplified way to litigate.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my claim is a total of $45,947.75 and consists of 14 signed work orders/ originally totaling 85,947.75 so im over small claims limits, can you recommend a reasonably priced lawwyer in northern B.C. who would take this on for me

Unfortunately we are not allowed to recommend specific lawyers on this site. I think your best bet may be to google litigation lawyers in that area, then call a few and see who you're most comfortable with.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you

Sorry to bother you, but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you