Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a roofing company & I did 7 roofs contractors. They

Customer Question

I have a roofing company & I did 7 roofs for some contractors. They payed me partially for the 1st two jobs. They didn't pay me for the second jobs that they got paid for, I found out that they were sub contracting the work from a bigger company. I am owed fully for 5 roofs and 2 partial roofs, I spoke with the bigger roofing company and they said they fired the guys who hired me & aren't going to pay me for any of the roofs if I don't sign a waiver for a builders lien because I threatened to put a list on the houses. They basically said they would give me 2 more houses to do and that I would have to bite the bullet for the houses the other contractors got paid for but didn't pay me for, those two roofs I didn't get paid for equal to about $6-7 thousand dollars. The big roofing company says if I don't sign the lien waiver they will not pay me for any roofs I have done fire me
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

When did you complete the work on these projects?