How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96413
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am told debris I am demoing and handling does not

Customer Question

If I am told debris I am demoing and handling does not contain asbestos, so I do not take the precautions for asbestos, but then the report comes back saying there is am I in a position to sue my company?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Have you been harmed as far as you know?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have just noticed an irritation and coughing a lot. But I know asbestos takes years to show signs. It's more of the neglect to tell me that there was asbestos present.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Yes I understand that.

The point is though that to sue you need to prove damages.

But I understand that about the asbestos and I do think you are in a position to sue.

As a first step you should consult with a personal injury lawyer face to face.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and usetheir Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyerand can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

I hope that helps as a starting point.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Related Canada Law Questions