How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98005
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was given a deportation order before and was told to

Customer Question

My son was given a deportation order before and was told to check in Cbsa but didnt show up for his two last reporting because he moved and was have some issued.They issue a warrant for his arrest.HE got arrested and is now given another deportation order.He has a finance who is willing to help him .What can be done
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

At this point he is going to have to leave. There's nothing that he can do to stay in Canada now.

Once he leaves if he marries his fiancée she can sponsor him for permanent residency to Canada as a spousal sponsorship but he will need special permission from the government to return. He will likely be able to get this at some point though not right away. It may be possible after one year or more.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why did you close this question?

I told you the truth and while my answer was not at all what you wanted to hear making up an answer to make you feel better would have hurt you.

It is unfair that you have essentially shot the messenger. I am sure you don't expect to work for free but that is what you caused me to do.

I am very disappointed.

Related Canada Law Questions