Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

This company says I have a Canada bill from 2002 200 that

Customer Question

Customer: this company says I have a bell Canada bill from 2002 for about 200 that was never paid
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really I asked them for a copy of the bill they don't have one but they got my social sec # ***** now my home phone
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

What is your exact question?

How much do they say that you owe now?

When is the last time you made a partial payment towards this debt?

Did you ever acknowledged the debt in writing and if so when?

What province are you in?

When you say Social Security number do you mean your social insurance number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they they are calling me non stop

I provided you with a list of questions. Please answer them. I cannot answer you until you do.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do I stop them from harassing me , they say it is $2OO CAN to bell Canada , there is no payment period ,never acknowledged the payment they say it is from 2002 ,I am in Ontario, Canada they have gained my social insurance number with out my permission

What you should do is tell them that they can only contact you by mail. Tell them that if you hear from them verbally again you will file a complaint with the consumer protection branch.

You can also tell them that they are you are happy for them to sue you.

Of course, they know full well the cannot see because of the limitation period and they would never sue for $200 anyway. If they continue to harass you report them to the consumer protection branch.