Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

If I realize that my lawyer has made poor representation,

Customer Question

If I realize that my lawyer has made poor representation, excluding all of my declarations when I realized that we were going before the judge (because he had told me that in the first place all that was necessary was to declare that I was making a suit and not necessary to state anything else), do I have any recourse? Also, he worked four short days a week in my town and then Fridays in the next large town and, apparently never picked up the offer to purchase (which I would have happily accepted, had I ever seen it) which was only open on that particular day.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

What province is this please?

Where are you in the lawsuit now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
BC and I lost the lawsuit in which he represented me, I thought later, poorly. But no lawsuit against him ... just speculating.
Thankyou for your response.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PS it cost me 80k from the offer which I did not have an opportunity to accept which was from my sister's children. At that point, she inserted herself into the negotiations and delayed and delayed whilst driving the price down by finding the lowest assessments that she could and allowing the market to dump. And at the time, he (lawyer) was going to courses to learn mediation ... oh, yay. I told her that I would not accept her manipulating the situation until the market improved in her behalf ... but empty words. On her lawyer's advice, during court, she offered me 1 dollar more than "her value" to settle and my lawyer assisted me in reaching the decision which culminated in my paying all the legal costs.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear all this. I don't yet see your specific question though. Can you explain a bit more about what you want me to provide by way of legal information?