Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I just learned that the consumer protection act was being

Customer Question

I just learned that the consumer protection act was being revised. I want to request the authority drawing up the changes to take into consideration the difficulties of the condo owners who abide by all the rules and still get no just treatment when the owner complains about damage to their property because of defects in the maintenance of equipment for which the management is responsible. They admit that the damage was a result of faulty maintainance but cite the old rules of the CPA which do not give the victims any chance of getting redress. I have tried to complain/negotiate to no purpose. I therefore request that those in charge of amending the old rules bear this aspect in mind.
Dr.P.M.Rao.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening Doctor Rao

Are you wanting to know who to contact to make your concerns known for consideration?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dr Rao, please let me know if you are referring to Federal or Provincial legislation and if you are referring to Provincial legislation, which Province are you inquiring about?

Jim