Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I owuld like to know about cheque kittling
, so i have

Customer Question

Customer: hi , i owuld like to know about cheque kittling
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so i have a small buisness, when i switched banks i used my previous account and wrote myself cheque ..just to get some cash flow as i had to pay rent..i don't owe the bank any money ..but they cancelled my account right away when i attempted third time, i went to open another bank account , now befor ei coud satrt any activity they have blocked it not sure what to do if i will be ever able to open an account
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its been ore 2 hours the website said 8 min..
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell me what it is exactly that you wish to know and I'll be happy to assist you.

Jim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have a small business, when i switched banks i used my previous account and wrote myself cheque ..just to get some cash flow as i had to pay rent..i don't owe the bank any money ..but they cancelled my account right away when i attempted third time, i went to open another bank account , now before i could start any activity they have blocked it not sure what to do if i will be ever able to open an account ? how long does it takefor the bank to let me open an chequing account
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do i get out of cheue kiting

The bank could be hesitant to provide you with an account as a result of the suspicious activity, so they may not actually allow you to open another account. This would be solely up to them.

As for your question of how you "get out of cheque kiting" I'm not clear on what you mean.

Are you referring to how you avoid criminal charges?

If you could clarify what you mean, I'm happy to chat further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will be there any criminal charges or how long before bank lets me open bank accounts again?

It is unlikely that there will be criminal charges since there is no loss to anyone and you've not been charged at this point with an attempted fraud.

As for when or if you'll be able to open an account, that's completely up to the bank. As I indicated, they may not allow you to open one at all due to your past activity.

Regards

Jim

Expert:  Copperlaw replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close this question.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.

Jim