Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I just got off the phone with Telus communications services

Customer Question

I just got off the phone with Telus communications services to find out the status of my account because when my ex girlfriend and i split up we had a verbal agreement that she was to continue paying the telus bill in turn i would continue to let her use the telus services in my name. I was informed that the bill hasnt been paid in the last few months and has been ran up to $589 and change, as well as a charge for cancelling the 3 year contract which is $280 as well as the bill for this month which i will find out the cost of in the next few days. I was just wondering what sort of legal action i could pursue so i dont have to pay this out of my pocket because i was being a nice person. I am also registered for school this coming Janurary so my funds are very limited
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Hello Cody, thank you for the question.

Do you have any emails or texts between you where she writes that she will pay this bill? What evidence do you have of your arrangement?