Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

About my mortgage of vehicle. Cant continue the payment not

Customer Question

About my mortgage of vehicle. Cant continue the payment not because i cant afford it no more but because there is a possibility that immigration will order me to leave canada
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Why can't you continue to pay until you find out whether you are going to have to leave or not?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im assuming the negative now because of the stress. I want to be prepared for everything before the final decision comes!

Do you know if the financing is considered to be a conditional sales agreement? If you do not know please get out the documents and see what the document is called.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its a fixed rate conditional sales contract

As this is a conditional sales contract if you return the car to them and they agree to take it back they cannot sue you for the difference. So if you find out that you have to leave Canada you can tell them that you are leaving and that they can take the car back and hopefully they will agree to do so.