Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

Is it legal to post personal text from your wife to the man

Customer Question

Is it legal to post personal text from your wife to the man she was cheating with .
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have text from her to less then 3 men, pictures included.. I will not post pictures but want to post text to Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites.. The only reason I'm considering this is she is spreading rumors that I am doing the same, along with domestic violence... I have never cheated on her in any way what so ever, nor have I ever, and I mean ever raised a hand to her in anger.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

This depends upon how you came into possession of them. If you have intercepted private communications between two individuals who believed the communications to be private, then you could wind up with problems. Further, whether or not there were privacy breaches, this conduct could have an adverse affect on you in family court proceedings.

Although you want to do this from a principle and moral standpoint, and I get this, it wouldn't be advisable as it would likely cause you much more grief for you than any satisfaction it might bring.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Also, please take a moment to leave a positive rating.

Jim