How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2015
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal to post personal text from your wife to the man

Customer Question

Is it legal to post personal text from your wife to the man she was cheating with .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have text from her to less then 3 men, pictures included.. I will not post pictures but want to post text to Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites.. The only reason I'm considering this is she is spreading rumors that I am doing the same, along with domestic violence... I have never cheated on her in any way what so ever, nor have I ever, and I mean ever raised a hand to her in anger.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

This depends upon how you came into possession of them. If you have intercepted private communications between two individuals who believed the communications to be private, then you could wind up with problems. Further, whether or not there were privacy breaches, this conduct could have an adverse affect on you in family court proceedings.

Although you want to do this from a principle and moral standpoint, and I get this, it wouldn't be advisable as it would likely cause you much more grief for you than any satisfaction it might bring.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Also, please take a moment to leave a positive rating.


Related Canada Law Questions