Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I WAS MISLEAD INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT TO PURCHASE A CAR.

Customer Question

Customer: I WAS MISLEAD INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT TO PURCHASE A CAR. AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION I REALIZE COULD NOT FINANCIALLY AFFORD THE MONTHLY PAYMENT NOW I WANT TO CANCELLED, BUT DEAL SAID I WANT I HAVE TO TAKE THE CAR, I AM CURRENTLY PAYING FOR A PROPOSAL IF I TAKE THIS CAR I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE MONTHLY PAYMENT. THE INTREST RATE IS 25%
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she told me was I was signing is just for the bank to see if I am qualify for the loan I was not aware these were document to be approved for the loan the bank said its out of there hands and it up to the to cancelled the contract and return the money the already put a lien on the car I am sure what to do .......sign ericka
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: after I sign the contract she never gave me a copy of the document I left the office empty handed when I asked where is my copy the said I will get them when I pick up the car
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

So you are saying you never agreed to buy the car but just agreed to let them see if you could get financing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after making several calls to the bank each customer service personal i spoke told me i can cancelled the agreement, but it"s up to the dealer to return the money. i told the dealer what the bank told me she said the bank dont allowed anyone to cancelled agreement
. don"t i have a cooling off period to change my mind if i am liable
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry, about your question she lower the cost of the bi-weekly payment by aprox ten dollar so, she said she needed permission from the bank to get the ok for the new payment so i should sign the document for her to fax them over

I am not following.

Are you now saying you want to go ahead with the new payment plan?