Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Story short I m a electrician that did a job client who

Customer Question

Long story short I m a electrician that did a job for a client who didn't pay me.He set me up and told the police I threaten his life.The police charged me and I'm currently defending myself in criminal for a death threat and I'm sueing him for my money civil.He is trying to make a deal with me and lawyers to give him $5000 dollars to drop everything and have a side deal he won't show up in court for the criminal trial.I have a recorded conversation with him as well
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

That doesn't make any sense. First, it sounds like this could be extortion. Second, he has to turn up in court if you he is subpoenaed and third the police charged you because they believed you committed this offence so they arecnot going to drop the charges because he says this to you.

Does that answer your question?