Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

, I have a 11 years daughter. My partner and I have

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 11 years daughter. My partner and I have been separated for three months. We have no parenting plan. We do have a schedule. Can my ex partner take my child out of school for the day to go skiing, without notifying me?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are there any orders or agreements in place about access or custody?

Where does the child live most of the time?

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a no contact order on both of us, except if it has to do with the child. lives with my ex-partner most of the time.Alberta
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

As the child lives with your ex-partner most of the time and because there is no order with respect to custody or access your ex-partner is deemed to have de facto custody of the child.

For this reason your ex-partner is the parent who can make decisions about the child at this point in time.

Your ex-partner will have this right unless there is an order or agreement put into place about custody and access.