Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I shipped a package worth $600 Canadian dollars and the

Customer Question

I shipped a package worth $600 Canadian dollars and the receipt wasn't able to pay for the package. I shipped via UPS and they have since destroyed the package.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
They contacted me before the package was gonna be destroyed saying that they needed more information to proceed with the delivery but they never told me about the package being abandoned and never gave me the option to have the package sent back.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 12 months ago.

Did you insure the package?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I insured the package but they say that insurance doesn't cover the abandonment.

They are making no sense at all. First, they spoke to you and gave you the wrong information about why they were calling. Second, you insured the package to protect its contents and its contents was destroyed and in fact deliberately so by them.

I suggest you send them a letter by registered mail demanding that they compensate you in full and threatening a lawsuit. You can tell them that if you are forced to sue you will also be claiming interest and your costs.

At the same time if you do sur you should also so the recipient as it is the recipient's fault that the package was abandoned in the first place.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is what happen I sent the package they attempted to deliver it 3-4 times to the recipient who didn't pay the fee to receive the package. The last attempt of delivery was on the 27th. After that UPS made a call directly to the UPS store in which I used to ship the package requesting more info on where to ship the package. From my knowledge from calling UPS customer service they told me that my UPS Store did not respond with further instructions on what to do with package. So after the 10th day after no response from my UPS Store they were forced to abandon the package. My UPS never called me telling me about the situation they didn't tell me that I had to provide more information for the package they didn't tell me anything and I was never updated about the situation until the 7th of this month and was told that the package was abandoned. I had my package insured for a certain amount and now their telling me that the insurance policy doesn't apply to them abandoning the package.

I suggest you review the wording of the insurance policy yourself but in any event the bot***** *****ne is this is a result a their mistakes and not yours.

Why did you close this post?

I will not get credit for my work and time. Is that fair? Did you actually want me to work for free?

Please be fair and allow me to be paid for my time. I answered you each time you posted and did so quickly and fully. I am really puzzled and disappointed.