Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Legal Aid medical cases

Customer Question

Legal Aid medical cases
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is no legal basis for suing a doctor who no longer wants you as a patient.

If you feel this doctor is acting improperly or unethically then you can file a complaint against her with her governing body.

Here is a link to the website that has the information you will need about doing this:

http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies-publications/make-a-complaint/the-complaints-process

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My family doctor has refused to keep me on as a patient. What can I do about this? Needless to say, I do not want to see her anymore, but, I do want to have a family physician and can not obtain one as they say that I am her patient.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

That is not correct. The doctors cannot say you are already have a doctor and so won't take you on. You have to say that your former doctor has said you need to leave and find another doctor.

And did you not see my answer? I told you what you can do.

Here is it again:

I am sorry to hear this.