Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

What are the consqences minior being in a bar under 18? The

Customer Question

What are the consqences for a minior being in a bar under 18? The youth manged to get by the bouncer
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In quebec specificly
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

Although it is not easy to find, the fine for this offence is detailed within the related legislation "AN ACT RESPECTING OFFENCES RELATING TO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES" specifically under section 112(10).

The offence which you refer to is identified in section 103.2 and in section 103.9.

The Act also provides for defenses to this charge, where reasonable steps have been taken to ascertain age, or to prevent entry by minors.

The fine for a first offence ranges from $175 to $425. The fines then increase for second and subsequent offences as set out in 112(10).

Please let me know if you require anything further at all.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.

Jim

Expert:  Copperlaw replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close this question.

Jim