Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I gave my friends cousin my iphone and she promised to pay

Customer Question

I gave my friends cousin my iphone and she promised to pay $80 for it and now she is refusing to pay for it or give it back what should i do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.

You could have a lawyer send a letter to her demanding she pay or return the phone lest you commence legal action against her. I understand you've already tried calling her, but a letter from a lawyer may be more intimidating and get the result you're looking for. Failing that, if you want your money or phone, you'd likely have to sue her. Unfortunately, even if small claims court, it would still cost more than $80 to sue her and go to trial in which case it may not be worth it. So, hopefully the threat of a lawsuit will do the trick. Hopefully that helps.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.