Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My son has unlawful confinement and assault charges pending.

Customer Question

My son has unlawful confinement and assault charges pending. He was in the Calgary forensic hospital, and now in remand. The night this happened both parties were drunk, and my son slashed his throat, because his girlfriend no longer wanted to be with him any longer. Yet they were still sleeping in the same b ed and he took her to the bed room and said f**king cuddle me. She said he was going to try to rape her. In that respect it was a misunderstanding on her part. The unlawful confinement came when he grabbed her by the ankle and said let's sit down and talk. She or the other girl told the police she got cut up when my son was slashing his throat. Every time she went near him he dropped the knife. Then went and got a second knife and started to cut some more. The third time he ran outside and the cops were there and arrested him. The didn't ask for a statement, just went on the word of one of the roommates who happens to be the friend of the girlfriend, who was beating on my sonl, both in the bedroom and in the kitchen . This was not told to the police. They took him to the hospital and then to court. He ended up in Calgary forensic unit. He was sent to remand for the weekend and didn't tell him he wasn't going back. I was the one who had to tell him. Is there anyway you can give me information to help him?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Does he have a lawyer? Does he have a criminal record?

What do you think should happen in the best interests of all?

Tom