CanLaw
CanLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
90963527

Can I upgrade my driving license in canada ..can i bring my

Customer Question

can I upgrade my driving license in canada ..can i bring my lebanese driving license and the international driving one to canada ,and get the canadian driving one.........
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

What province are you moving to?

You may be able to exchange your current Lebanese driving licence for a provincial driving licence. The type of driving licence that you can get depends on how much driving experience you have and if the county has a reciprocal agreement with the province that you are moving to.

I've attached the website that details which countries have reciprocal agreements with Canada.

http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Exchanging-a-Reciprocal-Licence.aspx

If your country is not on the attached list, then you must present official written confirmation of your driving experience from your country.

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

The letter must be an original letter from the original licensing agency (such as the ministry of transportation in your country or state), or from the Embassy, Consulate, or High Commissioner's offices representing the country.

The letter must be:

• Written on official letterhead
  • Written in English or French - If it is written in another language, you must submit a letter of translation from a qualified translator.
  • Dated - It cannot be more than 6 months old.

This letter must include information about:

• The date first licensed
  • Licence expiry date
  • Class of licence
  • That the licence was valid for the relevant period of time for the purposes of exchange and experience

I hope that answers your question

Expert:  CanLaw replied 12 months ago.

Please provide me with a positive rating if my answer was of assistance.

Thank you