Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I moved in to my purchased mobile home in October 2012, in

Customer Question

I moved in to my purchased mobile home in October 2012, in early 2015 I received a letter stating I owed 2000.00 to the town for a water bill, I didn't know I had a water bill thought It was part of the rent. Many many people in town have received bills for months and months of none payment due to a clerk that wasn't doing her job. They took the bill and moved it to my tax bill. I guess my question is and they bill me for that much outstanding unpaid water bill with no consumption amount etc. and then put it on my tax bill?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

They can do this but they have to provide you with the invoices that show how much you owe.

I don't know if it is by consumption or not. But however they calculate it they must show that to you.