Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
17441061

I'm currently being falsely accused of assault by a

Customer Question

I'm currently being falsely accused of sexual assault by a boyfriend of someone I had a relation with once 6 months ago...not sure what I should be doing at this point
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Josh, thanks for the question.

Have you been charged with anything or is this an issue of slander?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has emailed my employeer and wife, but has not talked to the police. Are you able to call me?
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I don't do phone calls I'm afraid. I consider it contrary to the rules of the Law Society.

Without using details that can identify anyone, can you tell me more about what's going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were at a party (the girl and I) all day under the influence heavily of alcohol. Towards the end of the night she was making flirtations towards me. We ended up sleeping together that night and once more in the morning. We both agreed it was a very bad idea the next day and decided to keep it between us. She later told her boyfriend and left the company (we were coworkers). I have chat transcripts of after with her saying how much she regretted it, but took full responsibility for her actions that night.After about 6 months, her boyfriend came forward with a lengthy email to myself, my employer and my wife (currently in a divorce -- unrelated) threatening that I had sexually assaulted her that evening.We were both really drunk that evening (witness can attest to that), but it was consensual on both parties that night, and the morning of. I feel she might have told her boyfriend this more to stay in her current relationship and am really worried if she will continue this lie. In his email he stated that he she didn't know he was sending the email.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

OK, there are two things I recommend. Firstly that you get in touch with her to ask her if she knows anything about it, and ask her to set her boyfriend straight before you have to take legal action.

Secondly, get a lawyer (perhaps you have one already for your divorce) to write the boyfriend a letter telling him to knock it off and to set the record straight or else you'll see him in court for slander. That usually puts an end to these things.

If the cops are called, you should be fine. The boyfriend isn't the victim. And you have written evidence from her that it wasn't an assault.

Is there anything else about this you'd like to discuss? If so then please reply. If not, then I'd appreciate a positive service rating please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a few times to reach her, but have yet to get any response.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Then it's time to get a lawyer to write the boyfriend a letter telling him to back off. I don't think you need to be worried about any criminal charges.

Anything else?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Any new developments on your issue with that boyfriend, Josh?