Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I need to prepare a sworn affidavit which will not harm me.

Customer Question

Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean.

We cannot do documents for you if that is what you are asking.

I can answer your questions or tell you how to find a lawyer if you let me know your province.

Let me know if you wish to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I need to prepare a Sworn affidavit. I want to sworn that in the house of my ex-wife was done some construction job such as finished basement, moving furnace, construction of washroom which is not compliance with the construction code. I need to prepare the document which I will sign at notary office.
2. The house was built in 2011 but I was never on title and I separated in 2012. She responded to the city that all construction job was done by me but at the same time in separation agreement she wrote that we separated in 2010. Also mistake was done by lawyers office which lead to putting me on title by city. Mistake was recognized by lawyer and the letter with correction was sent to the city. Will the city be able to put a fine on me if I was never actually a owner of the house?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No the city will not fine you as you are not the owner. The city knows who the owners are of course.

I don't know why you need this Affidavit though. Who is asking for it. You do understand that I cannot do it, right? I can just answer your question about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I will not be charged for services which were not provided.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You need to understand a few things.

First, you've been charged by the site. You cannot use this site without first paying.

Second, I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer and I log into the site the way you do. I have no idea what you are paying and don't deal with charges etc.

But, to be fair hear, before I answered you above I sent you an information request. I said I could answer questions but no one can do the Affidavit. I said I could explain how to find a lawyer but then said you had to let me know if I should go ahead.

You gave me more information and asked me a question.

I answered it.

It was clear you wanted to go ahead.

You know have an answer to your legal question and I expect to be paid for that. As a senior lawyer I work on this site to help people for a small fee as the legal system is too expensive and it's not fair. But I don't consider this my pro bono work and I don't work for free on this site.

You said to go ahead and gave me a question and I answered it so it is not fair or ethical of you now to say you should not be charged.

I can answer further questions or tell you how to find a lawyer as I explained before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>no one can do the Affidavit
I didn't ask to print and register Affidavit. I just ask to help me to create such document, to write it down what should be in the document. I don't understand why you were unable to help me.So I don't understand what you help me with. Asking me if you can show me how to find a lawyer - it is not a service that I expect. Sorry, may be I sound rude but it's true.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It's not that you were rude. You are not rude at all. It is that you are unfair. That is because when you first posted your question I told you very clearly but no one can do the affidavit for you. We cannot provide you with legal documentation. It is unlawful for us to do that. It is practicing law online and that is prohibited by the rules of our law society. We can only practice law when we have a client. You are not my client. The only person that can do an affidavit for you is your own lawyer. You have to retain a lawyer if you want legal documentation.

But after I told you this you went ahead and asked me a question and told me to go ahead. I gave you legal information at that point and that is why am expecting to be paid. It is that I'm expecting to be paid because I can tell you how to find a lawyer. It is because you did not know the law you asked about it and I told you the answer.