Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Are there any practice guidelines which give a judge the

Customer Question

Are there any practice guidelines which give a judge the opportunity to block the release of court transcripts? (This question is in regard to Ontario Civil Law, not Family law.)
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Please provide the basic facts because this so far isn't making a lot of sense to me.

Once I gain a better understanding of the facts I can provide you with a more meaningful answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am equally confused. My question is essentially an attempt to understand thfollowing, pro bono advice I received from a lawyer:My Position: We know how to order transcripts, you go to the reporter, pay the necessary fee and the next day they're in your hands.Pro Bono Guy: No, but they go back to the judge to approve.MY Position: Why?Pro Bono Guy: They always do.My Position: They do? (Totally Confounded)Pro Bono Guy: Yeah, they always do.My Position: Why would they go back to the judge, I don't understand that.Pro Bono Guy: Well they do.My Position: They do? (Totally Perplexed) Is that written in the rules?Pro Bono Guy: That's the way it works, that's the practice.________________________________________________I am merely trying to make sense of the above argument, can you explain it or are you equally perplexed?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

They do not go back to the Judge to be approved.

They are prepared for you if you order them. They are not going to be in your hands the next day. It could take many days or even weeks.

Once they are done you get them.