How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a short affair with a woman 12 years ago she had a

Customer Question

I had a short affair with a woman 12 years ago she had a child and would not let me get a test to see if this child was mine after three years I walked away as this child was getting no discipline and was wild. now all these years later I get a letter from children's aid telling me that the mother has died and the child ( almost 13 now ) in in the care of his older sister as per a family arrangement. They state I have not been in touch with the child since it was an infant please get in touch. what are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Do you know if there was ever a court order made regarding custody of the child?

What province are you in?

Related Canada Law Questions