Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have purchased a new build condo. In the purchase

Customer Question

I have purchased a new build condo. In the purchase agreement it states that I will have California ceilings and my own gas hot water tank. When i went to look at the unit for PDI it had popcorn ceiling, no individual water heater ( large shared boiler with all tenants). Also I had asked for vinyl flooring throughout the unit and they installed carpet. I want to get out of this contract and take my $14700.00 deposit and be done. Can I do so based on above if they refuse to remedy? Should I sign PDI and take ocupancy or refuse to sigh PDI until they have corrected these issues.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meeting today with builder at 11am. Will I receive an answer before then?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Why is it that you just discovered this now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First look at unit
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

At the meeting you can tell the builder that you will not accept the condo in this state. It is not at all what you agreed to buy. You can tell the condo either you consider the contract to be an end and require your deposit back or that you require the Builder to put the condo unit exactly in the state it should be in in accordance with your contract.

You should not sign anything at all until the condo is what you agreed to purchase.