Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I just read your response regarding a charge of driving with

Customer Question

Hello, I just read your response regarding a charge of driving with a handheld communication device. So, that's very useful and my question is one of my situation of picking up the phone to turn it off while having it in a secured position (cupholder) while parked at a red light. My understanding is turning off a secured cellphone only used for GPS is allowable. Is this understanding correct?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question Stephen.

Which post are you referring to, regarding another question about hand held devices while driving? Can you cut and paste the web address so I can see what you're referring to?

You were charged with using a device while driving under these circumtances? What were you charged with exactly?