Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am renting the upper half of a duplex in Ontario when I

Customer Question

I am renting the upper half of a duplex in Ontario when I moved in the landlord was verbally told that I had one vehicle and would be getting a second one therefore required two parking spaces. On my lease there is nothing indicated for parking charges. Now all of a sudden he send me an email saying effective immediately I owe him 80 dollars a month for parking of additional vehicle or it will be towed. This is a private driveway you can easily park 5 cars no other tenants live here or the landlord. I never agreed to this can he legally do this amend my current lease. I would never have moved if he told me I would be required to pay for one or two parking spots.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

When you told him that you had a verbal agreement that the parking spots would be included with the rent what did he say?