Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was off yesterday from a company that I was with years and

Customer Question

I was laid off yesterday from a company that I was with for two years and two months, they offer a severance package and I want to see if it is right. Another consultation I have is regarding the reason I was let go as it says workforce reduction, however I was not the newer employee in the department I was part off, is it up to the organization to choose who is let go or does senority play a role, there are three people here after my and one of them is having the exact same position as myself.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello William, thank you for the question.

I assume that this isn't a unionized workplace.

Can you tell me about the offer? Don't use any details that can identify you or the employer.

What is the nature/type job? How much were you paid, approximately?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello William, did you get your information on the termination offer? If not, I'm here if you want to dicuss it. If you don't need to use the site anymore then don't forget about your deposit to the site. It's still there.

Ulysses