Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My father has passed away and he has an estate which he has

Customer Question

my father has passed away and he has an estate which he has named a son in law as executer now my dad had property bank accounts etc that he made a will asking that once it`s all said and done to spilt 1/3 to each of the 3 beneficiaries. now I know that the value of his assets were are probably worth more than what`s in a trust fund. recently I got a letter from the estate law firm suggesting it was in our best interest to give instructions to have the trust monies divided equally between the beneficiaries. If we didn`t comply in write by a curtain deadline the would have to make application with the courts to cover there expenses & taxes. Not one of the other beneficiaries replied except myself. So they asked I submit my contact info in the mean time and they would get back to me. Fine a month has gone by and I get a letter saying that they were in touch with the other beneficiaries.So this is a final offer to once again either agree so that the trust monies can be disposed of equally less fees & taxes. I just don`t know if this is legal or just what is happening to my fathers estate. I need help soon. please let me know my rights?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you want to see any of my documents the executer has sent me?
Expert:  rfdad replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I am going to opt out of this as I just realized you are in Canada, which can have much different laws than here. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need my money back I haven`t the money or time for this problem. you said 100% money back. so you should stand behind your promise.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This question was new to the Canada law list. Would you like for me to answer? You have placed it on the US law list. This is why the US lawyer had to opt out and have the site move it.