Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Can an owner of a business re car auto business de a

Customer Question

Can an owner of a business re car auto business hide a microphone in a business office of a person whom is working in the capacity as a financial services manager as a sub contractor without their knowledge or a customers knowledge without consent
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is this microphone for recording a conversation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was discovered in the drop down ceiling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the response please
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but you are getting information from a lawyer and not a computer generating an answer. I replied to you less than 45 minutes after you posted your answer but you didn't reply back for 3.5 hours. I cannot be expected to sit up all night and wait for your response so I was asleep when you posted and asleep when you posted a second time.

This recording is illegal as it is a criminal offence to make a recording of a conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. As neither did the police can be call and the employer charged.