How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97423
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First of all, thank you time. I'm looking to re a lawyer in

Customer Question

Good morning,
First of all, thank you for your time.
I'm looking to hire a lawyer in the Vancouver, BC area who is successful with student visa rejection.
An restoration application was made on a student Visa that was overdue and it was rejected. Does the student have to leave or can we do an appeal to have it reviewed again?
The student was studying for since 2008 (Grade 6) and every year we renewed the Visa yearly for September 30 deadline, but by the third year a 4 year Student Visa was given & by an oversight we forgot to check the Visa date. We made the application even though the 90 days were passed. What is my next process for this student? It seems this oversight is a shame for someone who has worked very hard and a straight A student who wants to be an Engineer.
I would sincerely ***** ***** advice or even better to connect me with a great Immigration/Visa lawyer. Thank you.
Please reply to***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot connect with you with a lawyer but I can explain how you can easily find one. Will that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I would like an experienced lawyer who deals with rejected student Visas & in the Vancouver, BC area. Also could you answer if the student can stay here while the application is being appealed/processed?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Has the student being told to leave yet?

How old is the student

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The student just turned 18 in September so not of legal age yet.
The letter said we are no longer eligible for the restoration period, but was given a visitors visa until December at the border when we went there to inquire about his situation in June before we applied.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

He can apply to extend the visit but he cannot attend school at this point.

He can reapply to get his study permit so long as the school has provided him with an offer of enrollment in writing. He can leave Canada and then return and obtain the permit as he re-enters Canada.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Related Canada Law Questions