Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I believe I am a victim of both medical malpractice as well

Customer Question

I believe I am a victim of both medical malpractice as well unnecessary pain and suffering from an Ontario Uerologist
This occurred almost two ago to the day
What is the statute of limitations in term of filing a suit against this doctor and possibly the hospital for releasing me while I had a completely blocked urinary tract and could not urinate.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

The limitation is two years. If today's the last day then you absolutely must commence a legal action today. You must do this by actually issuing the claim in court today. It does not have to be served today but must be taken out by the court. You must have the claim issued which means the court has to start the file and sign and/or stamp the claim.

There are no exceptions.