Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I'm not sure if this falls under contract law, but i'll give

Customer Question

I'm not sure if this falls under contract law, but i'll give it a shot. I had a medical procedure done at a private clinic in Ontario. When discussing the option of surgery I made it very clear that I was not interested in a surgical option if the recovery time would be more than a month. The podiatrist assured me that I would be perfectly fine after 3 weeks. I am not yet able to use my foot and the podiatrist said that it's because this happens for people with the type of deformity I have. Had he told me that I had a high risk of longer healing times I would not have opted for surgery at this time, and he would not have made 4 grand. I did sign the medical release forms indicating that I understand that there were these kinds of risks but I don't believe he acted in good faith by not advising me that I specifically was high risk. It is to be noted that this doctor was a dentist in Quebec that had his licence permanently revoked for the death of one patient, the near death of 2 others and countless complaints. This information did not appear in english media so a Google search in english did not display results for what was a huge story in Quebec. What do you think?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about suing this doctor for malpractice?