Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was served with a statement of claim. I contacted the

Customer Question

I was served with a statement of claim. I contacted the lawyer that filed the statement of claim. Due to there being multiple defendants in an email he has said we (all defendants involved) have until the 9th to file a statement of defense with the courts. This is an extension of the "20 days" from when the statement of claim was served. Am I still allowed to file FORM 18B for an intent to defend. I have not had a lawyer up until this point and I have tried to settle with the plantiff's lawyer and we have not been able to come to an agreement.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

How much time did he give you for the extension? I know you have until the ninth I want to know how many days past the 20 days that is.