Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a labour contract in Quebec. The top part of the

Customer Question

I have a labour contract in Quebec. The top part of the contract says contract for services between company X and the subject's name. the following line says: "Company X retains the services of "Another person's name" herinafter referred to as "the provider". The contract then continues using only "the provider".
furthermore, they include a non-compete and non disclosure clause, in the same contract, followed by a clause stating "each party could put an end to this contract at their convenience, with a reasonable delay in notification, and allowing for a reasonable delay to get organzed.
Is this contract valid?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying the contract was for another person? Or are you saying that there was a mistake? Is a contract signed by two parties?