Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Bailiff called at my house of car asked if I could pay was

Customer Question

Hi bailiff called at my house for repo of car asked if I could pay was told no was selling the car I had no notice
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying you were asked if you could pay or you asked the bailiff if you could pay and the Balis at now?

Is the car gone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked him if I could pay and he said no
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to speak on the phone. The rules of my law society prohibit that because you are not my client.

Since they took the car let me know what you did, if you wish to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They only took it yesterday did not know they were coming what should I do I only wanted to pay but he said no I am taking the car tow truck is on it was I said I was calling the bank he said that won't help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On line would be fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do I did not get a letter of any kind saying they were coming
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will help. If you pay the bank what you owe plus any of the towing charges that they have to pay the bailiff they will give you back the car.

The bailiff just wanted to be paid so the bailiff told you that it did not matter about you calling the bank. But because you are in arrears you are in default of your agreement with the bank and the bailiff did have the legal right to take the car when the bank instructed the bailiff to do so.

So call the bank on Monday and try to make arrangements to pay off the debt and any other fees and you will get the car back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did they have to give me any notice only I did not get any thing
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You should read your financing papers from the bank but it is very likely they say that you don't get any notice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They won't the car money in full if make armament to pay the what I owe will that be ok I only 5 mouths
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car is paid off
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If you can pay the full debt off plus the bailiff fees that will work out so call the bank tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do the repo people charge fees and can the be included in the loan
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't know the fees as it depends on the city and province.

But they will be high.

It is not likely the bank will agree for you to pay the bailiffs off with the loan. They will have to be paid off at once.