Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was arrested last weekend and put in a holding cell hours.

Customer Question

hi, i was arrested last weekend and put in a holding cell for 2 hours for BREACH. but i didn't breach, and richmond rcmp did not update my conditions, which led to my arrest by surrey rcmp in a pullover.
They towed my car which i had to pay for , and my girlfriend was told to take a cab home. we were on our way grocery shopping.
They told me that they have to wait for RIchmod RCMP to fax over the update if there is one and have to put me in a cell until then.
The pullover was for a "expired insurance" the plates should have run up in their system as insured. i feel he pulled me over to give me a hard time. I did not have a new insurance sticker over top the old one because of i forgot to put it on, but i feel this was a bit of harassment.
i am angry everyday because of this. what can i do about this
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that even though you had made this error and were pulled over lawfully you would not have been arrested if the RCMP had not made this error in not updating you conditions?