How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97964
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sold a matrimonial home in June of this year and the

Customer Question

I have sold a matrimonial home in June of this year and the funds have been kept in trust. The lawyer is charging us 60.00 a month for holding it. My ex husband is hostile and has refused to deal with paying the line of credit and dividing the rest of the money 50-50. I dont have money for a lawyer since I am raising 2 kids work part time and I am in school full time. Is there a way I can hire a lawyer who gets paid when the 53000 are released?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are plenty of lawyers in Ontario who would gladly accept your case.

So long as the lawyer was assured that regardless of the outcome the lawyer would be paid first from those funds held in trust a lawyer will take this case on.

I suggest that you call around and speak to several local family lawyers until you find one that is willing to take the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have but i cant find one that does in cambridge Ontario or Kitchener.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:


Related Canada Law Questions