Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have had a letter sent to me from a lawyer representing my

Customer Question

HI
I have had a letter sent to me from a lawyer representing my property management company. The letter is demanding that I pay them a fee for which I can surmise is a caveat/demand. My property management company sent one letter informing me I was behind on my fees date October 10th I received a first letter from the lawyer dated October 13 demanding I pay within 10 days and then another dated October 23 demanding an additional 987$ on top of their initial demand. On October 10 2015 as per the letter sent from the property management company I was behind on my fees 482.00, as per the letter sent by their lawyer on the 13th I was demanded to pay 1091.00$ on the 23rd the fee escalated to 2198.00$ My complaint is I live out of town and and never received any of this mail until today November 2 2015, my second complaint is on the 27 of October I went directly into the property management companies office to pay my condo fees with a cheque for 300.00$ ( making my outstanding balance 1
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this about condo fees and if so why are you behind?