Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Is it against the law political leaders to attend

Customer Question

Is it against the law for our political leaders to attend bilderburge meetings. I would have thought discussing policy with powerful leaders around the world would be going against a countries sovereign rights.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are lists every year for these meetings of political leader and extremely wealthy. Every prime minister we have ever had, has attended. I would like to know if on a Federal level, they are breaking the law by discussing national upcoming policy ect? This group claims it is a private gathering. You might have to research Bilderberge group a bit if im not explaining what I mean well enough. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also this group usually funds them during election time.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. I doubt that anyone here can answer you satisfactorily, but I find the whole Bilderburg/Trilateral/Bohemian Grove very interesting, as a target of protest against globalization and monetary policy.

The site wants me to answer questions and urge the customer to pay for the answer. I doubt you'll find an answer to this question but I'm happy to discuss it.

So, firstly your question assumes that there is a law which forbids the discussion of policy with just anyone. Have you been doing any research? Found anything close?

I'm not sure what you mean by "sovereign rights", and if that's a phrase you're keen to explore we can do that. This is going to be more of a political science discussion, then.

Or if you'd rather ask the site for your deposit to be returned, that's fine too. Up to you.