Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am mentally ill and my exhusband brought to my attention

Customer Question

I am mentally ill and my exhusband brought to my attention that i should have a representative. I live on my own now. But i have changed my mind about the agreement as i feel it gives my ex husband to much power over my person. I want to invalidate it. He had 2 witnesses not family members sign , my son and me and himself. Please help me asi feel my personlal rights will be compromised as we no longer get alon and may not get along any bettr in the future.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If you were not mentally competent when you signed it then it will not be valid.

If you are valid mentally competent now you can recind the agreement

I suggest that your best approach is to consult with a lawyer face-to-face and have the lawyer send a letter to all the parties indicating that you have revoked this agreement and will be so pointing whomever you wish to act on your behalf should you not be comoetebt and it is not going to be your ex-husband.