Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My lawyer gave me something to sign, it says I will

Customer Question

my lawyer gave me something to sign, it says I will represent myself in trial but I do not want to go to trial without her.
always I paid my bills, but she has better clients lined up, can she do that?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can or should I go to trail without a lawyer? I have two forensic reports and 2 reports from Dr morris who asset our family.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lawyer gave me the papers to sign. Another lawyer was in the room and she pushed the paper at the end of the meeting and said here sign it and I did. Because if my lawyer does not want to present me after 4 years of taking my money then she is not a good lawyer I just talk to myself but what does another lawyer think about that. I don't want hick hack I neeeeeed the truth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By now you can tell that my first language is not English.
Story is that my husband got removed from the home. It was crazy nothing he said or did made sence. He threatened to kill and shoot me ...................
As from the beginning he wanted our son one week with him one week with me. As he was very angry, very aggressive with his actions I couldnet sent our child of to this man. Meanwhile he has regular acess every other weekend and Wednesday for overnight. But our son is complaining more and more that he sometimes comes home sunday night and he does NOT want to go Wednesdays anymore. His dad is 90% late for getting him to school and he wakes up midnight, late night and his dad is in the other building in his office. All this our son doesn't like.
Then the financial is he has his own company officially hi earns 15.000 but the forensic the first time found out more so I at least get 980 dollar support a moth.
We sold a house there is still money left but he will not stop till it is empty He has an agenda against me
I am on the end of my road. The reports are right now in my favour around 100.ooo a year income and a property in his MOms name before we separated. I don't want a lot, just support to have an easier life then now
I work as a PSW and we are now in an apartment. Itt is hard.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What you need is to retain another lawyer. You absolutely should not self-represent and you certainly can't have a lawyer act for you who doesn't want to act for you.

If you need an adjournment because you need a new lawyer then you can tell the court that your lawyer just quit and that you were shocked and you need to find a new lawyer.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the Trial Management Conference tomorrow. Should I tell the judge then? Or as my lawyer said should I wait til the TMC is over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Trial is on in November or December. No lawyer can go thru all my stuff sooooo fast
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called lawyers. All of them backed up when I told them the whole story. Any Advice here, where can I go for a lawyer in the area Newmarket, Markham, ............
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You should go to the trial management conference and tell the judge what happened.

You will be able to get a lawyer up to speed quite quickly. Clients change lawyers all the time. It is actually not a big deal but it is usually the choice of the client.