Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

OK my close friend is working on a these are in the US until

Customer Question

OK my close friend is working on a these are in the US until January 10th I believe he is from Jamaica with a Jamaican passport want him to come to Canada for a few days before heading back is he allowed to come and what steps does he have to take to enter Canada for a few days
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my close friend is working on a h2b visa in the US until January 10th I believe he is from Jamaica with a Jamaican passport want him to come to Canada for a few days before heading back is he allowed to come and what steps does he have to take to enter Canada for a few days does he have to app for visitor visa
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes he does have to apply for a visitor's visa.

Here is a link to the information that he will need:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Citizens of Jamaica have to give biometrics. Here is a link to the information he will need about that:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK so he is in US where does he apply he has to have new finger prints done I am having trouble with site that's why I came here I need to know where he goes to bring his passport I need to know how much its gonna cost does need fingerprints does he have to have a physical he's only working till January 10th in the States is there enough time to apply for his visitor's visa is there any way to speed up the process special circumstances
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What are the special circumstances?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well what might be special circumstances to me may not qualify in Jamaica May 6th me my niece and my two nephews where on vacation she was killed in a car accident two days in this person Roy came along cytus and spent his whole time there with the boys he was my support the boys have a lot of emotional issues and seeing a psychiatrist and they are longing to see him they have developed an extremely strong connection to him and just for their mental health and their healing we really would like him to come due to the fact that he's just across the border if this is impossible can you please let me know it says if he is on a h2b visa he can still come here if we submit the application this week will that give him enough time to be approved and does he need to get a physical just for 3 or 4 days here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the normal length of a time frame for someone in the States passport of Jamaica
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't think this will help unfortunately.

The h2b visa has nothing to do with Canada.

He will not need a physical.

It will likely take about a month to get.

He should contact the closest Canada visa office to where he is and see what they say about how to do this as efficiently as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK one last question it asks The country a person is living in. A person’s country of residence may be different from their country or countries of citizenship is us place of residence jamaica citizen
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes if that is where he is residing now.