Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I dad a lser hair removal treatment conducted below my chin.

Customer Question

I dad a lser hair removal treatment conducted below my chin. During the treatment it felt like i was being burnt and i let the tech know and she lowered her setting after, and i did complain of the pain. The area has been left with burn marks. I am wondering if there is something I can pursue?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are the burn marks permanent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure at this point if they are or not, had the service done Saturday morning and the dark burn marks are very visible as of yesterday
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You could sue and receive a small settlement based on the fact that you were harmed and have been inconvenienced. But unless there are permanent marks on your face the amount you will receive will be very small.

That is not to say that you should let this go. In fact, sometimes a threat of a lawsuit is enough to make someone offer a settlement. In a case like yours I would actually suggest that your next step be to consult with a lawyer face to face with a view to retaining the lawyer to send this company a letter demanding compensation and threatening a lawsuit. You may very well get a settlement that would be fair.