Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have really screwed up and 't know what to do a tenant in

Customer Question

I have really screwed up and don't know what to do
a tenant in my house accidently burntout a unit
I seen my house burn didn't sleep a wink was stressed
claim adjuster came, I have 25 years of mental illness.....stress related paranoid delusional mental and emotional problems
its a homeowner policy three units in Ontario, I live in an out building and 2 years ago told the insurance, they recorded I had three kitchens and four bathrooms but not that I was living in a out building
claim adjuster said your insured if you 100 percent informed the insurance company of your living arrangements....in a paranoid state I thought I haven't called in my new kitchen those pricks got me on a loophole which wasn't living arrangements but said I haven't informed them of my living arrangements
to make matters worse by the next day I had realized my mistake....told him I called it in and had informed them.......he said you said you didn't......in a paranoid state I thought you prick.....I didn't think I had said that....you are putting words in my mouth
the next day he said.....I have witness you said you didn't....I asked the witness thinking the adjuster was lying....he wasn't
long story short I totally screwed myself bc im a stress related paranoid mental emoitional mess
I actually have done everything right informing the company and records somewhat supportthat
what could I do the claim will be denied b/c I haven't been in my right mind
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What you need, without a doubt, is to retain a lawyer to speak to the insurance company for you. You should not speak to them directly anymore.

If you let me know what province you live in I can explain to you how you can find a lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I;m in ontario
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx