Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I had moved into a my condo August 15th 2014 which I paid

Customer Question

I had moved into a my condo August 15th 2014 which I paid prorated rent as the prior tenants had left already.
The landlord was supposed to have all rugs removed as they were severely unhealthy, puddles of water etc. He promised to have done September 01 for my lease take over. That never was done. I spoke with him via email and phone begging to have it fixed as I was unable to move any new furniture into my condo as this was my first place. Two months past of me sleeping on a dirty rug, and still not even a contractor came to take measurements. So much more... Plumbing burst, I paid for new toilet, sink, and shower pieces. Two weeks later another leak from the roof going right through my house onto my patio which damaged all my furniture out there. I moved it to the garbage and strata mangment knocked on my suit and told me to have it gone or I would be fined 1000$ and pay for the removal. So I paid for the removal. My dishwasher never worked, then my lightning fell off the wall and I had exposed wires which caused sparks and black all over the walls. I also lived on cement flooring cuz I paid for two area rugs earlier to cover the rug which were thrown away. I lost all my furniture , all the new additions I put into this place and never in 9 months he did anything. He asked me to go get a quote from Home Depot for flooring (5months) into our lease. I paid for that and he said his budget was 700$ it's endless. I caught the building manager come into my unit unannounced , he called me a drug dealer for months. They harassed me until I told them how I am so able to afford my lifestyle. So 9 months into this I withheld my rent one month , let's not forget he has almost $2000 in trust for damages etc he actually filed to have me evicted behind my back and they had someone from the court throw me out on the streets, broke most my items and I have this all documented in emails and calls
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you not like the eviction?